Washington, D.C., Niagara Falls & N.Y.C. - Summer 2021
Washington, D.C., Niagara Falls & N.Y.C. – Classic Group, 2021
Our Washington, D.C., Niagara Falls & N.Y.C. adventure both surprises and delights. From chasing the bright lights in New York City to getting up close to the howling spray of Niagara Falls, get ready to experience an eclectic mix of cultures across ten enlightening days. You’ll stay at the best addresses, while award-winning dinners will keep you fueled throughout your journey, as you enjoy upscale twists on some tasty classics.
- Washington DC: Join your Travel Director and meet fellow guests at a private Welcome Dinner with drinks at 18:00.
- Harrisburg: You will enjoy a Dinner with wine at a local restaurant in Harrisburg.
- New York: A lively Celebration Dinner this evening concludes your journey. Join your fellow travellers at Bond 45, an iconic Italian kitchen and bar.
- Dining Summary: 8 Breakfasts (B), 1 Lunch (L) and 3 Dinners with wine (DW).
- Gettysburg: Your Local Expert will reveal it all at the site of one of the Civil War’s most pivotal battles.
- Finger Lakes: Become a student aboard the MV Teal as you engage in Floating Classroom activities run by the non-profit Discover Cayuga Lake. Experienced educators will provide narration and hands-on ecology lessons as you participate in this scenic eco-tour on the Finger Lakes’ longest lake.
Top Rated Highlights
- Washington, D.C.: In the morning, learn about the proud heritage of a nation. View the White House, striking Washington Monument, and sprawling National Mall.
- Corning: Make your way to the Corning Museum of Glass, where you can learn about the art, history, culture, technology, science, craft, and design that tells the riveting story of the museum’s single material, glass. Sandblast your own keepsake before watching master artisans at work.
- Niagara Falls: This afternoon witness the falls in a new light from below and behind, as you descend 150ft (46 meters) by elevator to observe the phenomenon.
- Finger Lakes: Pay a special visit to the Three Brothers Wineries and Estates near Seneca Lake, featuring wineries, a microbrewery, Slushie Hut and Cafe all focused on local sustainability.
- New York: For a full view of this monumental city, ascend to the Top of the Rock – the 70th floor of the Rockefeller Building – for a sweeping view of the skyscrapers, parks, rivers and urban canyons that make up the teeming isle of Manhattan.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
A Monumental Time in Washington, D.C.
Washington, D.C. Sightseeing.
Gettysburg and Harrisburg.
On to Niagara.
The Finger Lakes of New York.
A Bite of the Big Apple.
Depart New York City.