America the Beautiful (Summer 2020)
America The Beautiful – Summer 2020
From the skylines of Los Angeles and the sparkling bright lights of Las Vegas, to historic Route 66 and the Southern hospitality of Atlanta, prepare to be dazzled on a memorable trip across America. Along the way you’ll be treated to authentic regional delicacies, while staying in top locations, as you make your way coast to coast. Immerse yourself in the vibrant culture of toe-tapping Memphis and delve into America’s iconic history in Washington, D.C. End with a grand finale in New York City, as you experience this beautiful country in all its glory.
- Los Angeles: Enjoy a Highlight Dinner at Nick & Stef’s Steakhouse.
- Grand Canyon: Enjoy a Highlight Dinner in the Thunderbird Room taking in awe-inspiring views.
- Amarillo: Savour a Highlight Dinner at the Big Texan, where everything truly is bigger in Texas.
- Little Rock: Enjoy a Highlight Dinner at Marlsgate Plantation, a stately mansion with a majestic setting.
- Memphis: Uncover a local gem, a lesser-known speakeasy above BB King’s Blues Club for an atmospheric Highlight Dinner of Southern cuisine.
- South Carolina: Enjoy a Highlight Dinner at Poogan’s Porch, a local institution and favourite.
- Washington, D.C.: Indulge in a delicious Highlight Dinner at one of the city’s popular local restaurants.
- New York: Bid farewell to your newfound friends at a lively Celebration Dinner at Bond 45, recipient of a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence.
- Dining Summary: 21 Breakfasts (B), and 11 Dinners with wine (DW).
- Los Angeles: Step beyond the red carpet with a theatre guide for a behind-the-scenes look at the Oscars® on a private tour of the Dolby Theatre®.
- Grand Canyon: With a Local Expert, learn about the formation of one of the United States’ most renowned natural wonders, while sipping a glass of sparkling wine.
- Santa Fe: Tour historic Santa Fe on a guided trolley tour.
- Dallas: Can you remember where you were when you heard? Visit the site of JFK’s assassination.
- Atlanta: Step into the world of world news and live broadcast at a behind-the-scenes, exclusive guided tour of the Global Headquarters of CNN.
- New York: Visit some of the city’s most iconic sites with a Local Expert.
Stay in Style
- Los Angeles: The InterContinental Los Angeles Downtown offers breathtaking views from the unique 70th floor sky lobby in the tallest building on the west.
- Las Vegas: The luxurious Caesars Palace on the iconic Vegas Strip offers restaurants, nightlife, relaxation, and entertainment. It’s distinct style is a tribute to Rome’s opulence.
- Grand Canyon: Spend the night near the rim of the Grand Canyon, inside the National Park.
- Flagstaff: Stay amidst Ponderosa Pines, near downtown.
- Santa Fe: Experience the splendor of the American Southwest at La Fonda on the Plaza, the only hotel situated on the historic Santa Fe Plaza. Here you’ll find tasteful, modern conveniences blended with the warmth of authentic New Mexican style.
- Dallas: The Magnolia Dallas Downtown offers a comfortable stay and ideal location in the Historic District.
- Memphis: The Guest House at Graceland is located just steps away from Graceland Mansion. You’ll enjoy the rock ‘n’ royal treatment at one of the largest hotels in Memphis, the 450-room resort is a reflection of Elvis’ personal style, with designs inspired by Graceland Mansion.
- Atlanta: Discover one of the best hotels in downtown Atlanta with stunning views of the skyline.
- Charleston: Located in the heart of the historic district and recently restored, the Andrew Pinckney Inn is at the center of everything Charleston has to offer. Find yourself just steps away from the lively atmosphere of renowned restaurants and shops that surround Charleston’s historic City Market.
- Washington, D.C.: Stay at the Mayflower Hotel, Autograph Collection, a Washington, D.C. landmark for over 90 years ago.
- New York: The Renwick is a contemporary, newly re-imagined hotel housed in an iconic 1920’s brick building. Located in Midtown Manhattan, 2 blocks from Grand Central Terminal and walking distance to the Empire State Building, New York Public Library, Bryant Park, Rockefeller Center, Times Square and Fifth Avenue shopping. Named for the architect and creator of St. Patrick’s Cathedral, James Renwick, the hotel was once home to artists’ studios and many celebrated writers (including John Steinbeck and F. Scott Fitzgerald).
Top Rated Highlights
- Route 66: Stop in Kingman and Seligman.
- Sedona: Spend time in this mystical town.
- Winslow: Stop to pay homage to the ‘Man Standin’ on the Corner.
- Cadillac Ranch: See the 10 classic Cadillacs buried nose down in the dirt.
- Fort Worth: Visit the Stockyards National Historic District, established to preserve Fort Worth’s rich livestock history.
- Little Rock: Visit the William J. Clinton Presidential Library and Museum.
- Memphis: Explore the Graceland Mansion and grounds.
- Charleston: Step back in time with a visit to the Magnolia Plantation and Gardens.
- North Carolina: At the Tobacco Farm Life Museum, learn about cultivating one of the most important crops in this part of the country.
- Washington, D.C.: See all of the amazing memorials and monuments in the nation’s capital.
- New York: Marvel at the sweeping skyline views, including some of the city’s most prominent landmarks from the Top of the Rock Observation Deck at the Rockefeller Center.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 4…
Welcome to Los Angeles.
The City of Angels.
From Los Angeles to Las Vegas.
Leisure Time in Sin City.
Get Your Kicks and the Grand Canyon.
Mystical Sedona and Flagstaff.
From Flagstaff to Santa Fe.
Is this the way to Amarillo?
Cattle and Country Western.
Deep in the Heart of Texas.
From Big Texas to A Taste of Little Rock.
Memphis, Home of the Blues.
Graceland and Everything Elvis.
Atlanta, Cultural Capital of the New South.
Georgia's Capital and Southern Traditions.
The Carolinas and Tobacco Farms.
The City of Oaks to Monumental Washington, D.C.
Sightseeing in the Capital.
New York, the City That Never Sleeps.
A Manhattan Masterpiece.
Depart New York.